Friday, February 25, 2011

February's things - day 25

Sweet Graffiti
For a while now, all around my town, this sweet message has been appearing and...I love it. No one knows who is responsible and while, yes, it's illegal and all...it's nice. It makes me smile every time I pass under it or see it inscribed on a downtown building. There have been attempts to cover the "art" by city and transportation officials but I think it speaks volumes. Thousands of people see it and read it everyday and that message means a thousand different things to each person. Maybe it changes their outlook, changes their mood, changes their life. The message itself is simple but my question is this..."who" is beautiful? Who is the "You"? Is it the city? the person reading it? the artist's girlfriend or boyfriend? What I've realized is whoever or whatever "You" is doesn't matter...fact is, it's nice to have someone care enough to make a statement and...well, doesn't everyone love to hear that they are beautiful? I do!
image credit: mark olive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...