Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February's things - day 15

I Like You
I gave this book to the husband last night for Valentine's day. It's such a sweet book and describes so perfectly the reasons I like him...
"if you go away then I go away too
Or if I stay home
You send me a postcard
You don't just say
Well see you around
Some time
Bye"
............
"And I like you because
When I am feeling sad
You don't always cheer me up right away
Sometimes it is better to be sad
You can't stand the others being so googly and gaggly
every single minute
You want to think about things
It takes time..."
............
And so, I've come to realize after 11 years of marriage that "liking" the other person is what remains constant more than anything else. That "like" is what brought us together in the first place. First we were friends and well, if you don't have that then you can't have more.
So, on this Valentine's day we celebrated the friendship and love that sustains us no matter what. I got the sweet book at Anthropologie...get one for your "friend" too!
image credit: alibris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...