Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursdays

November!  I can't believe it's already here!  Seems we were just getting the sand out of our shoes from the beach and now it's chilly and time to think about the holidays and turkey and hot soup!  For the month of November I'm going to replace "Thursday's things" with a new segment..."Thankful Thursdays".  I'll highlight things that I'm especially thankful for.  It's good to make these lists from time to time to put things in your life in perspective.  We get so caught up in our day to day activities and duties that I know I often find myself forgetting what's most important. 
And so, today...November 1st...
I am thankful for a washing machine and dryer that are not in a dark, musty basement.  (Sometimes, it's the little things).  I lived with my laundry in the basement for 10 years.  I despised going down there to do it and lugging it up and down the 13 stairs back and forth, back and forth.  Now, in our new house it's right in the hallway...down from our bedrooms.  It is life changing!

So, here's a little challenge...take a moment to think and write down one thing you are thankful for.  You can do it daily or on Thursdays like me.  You can share them here in the comments each week or you can keep them to yourself, whatever you wish.  But, at the end of November...you'll have a great little list of pick-me-ups that will help you slog through the hectic holiday season and the winter blues.  You'll be able to remember at a moments notice the important things...things that make you smile.

image credit: Isaboo Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...