Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday...on Wednesday

So, a funny thing happened this morning.  Today...on the eve of Thanksgiving, when people are beginning to get into that frenzied state of mind, shopping, cooking, general holiday craziness...I was swept off my feet by a stranger's generosity and kindness.  I had dropped the preschooler off at school and headed to Starbucks to commence sitting in the holiday line that ensues when they have all their fall/winter coffee flavors and and no one is working.  As I sat behind the biggest, shiniest, black Mercedes that I've ever seen, admiring the swankiness of it...the elitism of the Rollins College tag (look it up...it's a good one) the driver slowly pulled forward, forward still...I placed my order for a bacon gouda breakfast sandwich and a grande coffee. Still inching forward the man in the car of my dreams pulled away from the window...now it was my turn to pay and get my items.  When I arrived at the window the girl told me..."the man in front of you paid for yours".  As I looked up...searching for the shiniest car ever...he drove away.  I didn't even have a chance to give him a wave of thanks.  I can't really describe to you the feeling of such selflessness.  Yes, it was only an 8 dollar purchase but from a complete stranger makes it seem like a million dollar purchase.  It gives you hope...hope that more people will be nice, especially during the holidays.  I'm thankful for the man and the car and the Rollins tag that paid it forward today...putting a smile on my face and warming my heart more than any coffee could ever do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...