Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Done

And just like that...the toddler is potty trained.  After a year of systematic begging and backing off she finally decided on a whim...on her own...that she wanted to start pottying in the potty.  It has been a long time coming and it has transformed our lives!  No longer do I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders as a Mom who, like her toddler, had no interest in the potty training battle.  I will say, one of my best friends, a mother of 3, once told me that no matter how much I push her, she will not go until she is ready.  It's a decision they have to make on their own, she told me.  After hearing stories of her putting a potty in front of the television and still having her son not go in it, I decided that she was probably right.  And so, after a year of tear-filled bathroom sessions something clicked.  Now...the toddler's teeth might possibly rot out of her head as she's consumed enough Starbursts to account for every star in the universe!  But alas, if that's what it takes...then so be it.  There also may have been mention of her getting an iPad for using the potty with no accidents...we're going on day 4 with no accidents...who's counting?  Er, uunfortunately, she is!

image credit: baby bjorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...