Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thursday's things...on Wednesday

Thanksgiving is nearly upon us and I can hardly wait to see my family and eat and eat and eat! In a rare moment of silence I started thinking...we go through the motions of everyday life and hardly take time to think about all the things that we are thankful for. Those days when I can't seem to do anything right and lose my patience at the drop of a hat, I forget that I have so many things in my life to be grateful for. The husband and toddler are definitely at the top of that list...even though most days I feel like the toddler is plotting against me! I am so thankful that they are my family and love me as much as I love them. Of course our family wouldn't be complete without our two hound dogs...despite their unbelievable ability to sleep for days straight, they are great protectors and providers of unconditional love and kisses. I'm thankful that we have a nice home in a nice neighborhood with great neighbors...and a mall close by! I'm grateful that we have wonderful loving parents and siblings who support us more than imaginable. I'm thankful that we have never gone hungry, except on the rare occasion we ate entirely too early and stayed up too late. I'm thankful that I have a husband that likes to watch the same shows I like on television. I'm thankful that the toddler sleeps so well and overlooks my shortcomings as a Mom (we all have them...I know). I'm thankful that the husband overlooks my shortcomings as a wife (laundry and cooking are not my strong suits). I'm thankful that we have great friends...some of whom we've known for a lifetime. I'm thankful that I'm a stay at home Mom. I'm thankful that we live in the South. I'm thankful that we are all healthy...despite the inordinate amount of raw oysters and sushi we've consumed (except of course the toddler has never had either). I'm thankful that the toddler and the husband were in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies from scratch last night at 9pm...even though it was way past the toddler's bedtime. I'm thankful for quiet times. I'm thankful for a messy house...because it means I've been doing things with my family. I'm thankful for a lot and I'm just not sure why we don't think about these things more than one day a year. Soon, it'll be Christmas and these things that we cherish in our hearts will be lost in the hustle and bustle until next Thanksgiving. But for now, thank you for all of those who make my life a little better each day and a little brighter each year. Happy Thanksgiving!

image credit: spilled milkshake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...