Tuesday, November 8, 2011

haul out the holly

I can't believe it's almost that time of year again...time for holiday music, wish lists, party dresses, sweaters, and plaid! It seems the celebrating starts earlier every year...just after Halloween the decorations slowly start peeking out from store windows and street lamps...and then, there's the telltale sign...the red cups at Starbucks. Mailboxes are jammed full of catalogs printed with ever hopeful items waiting to be added to growing wish lists. Of course, nestled amongst the ever building tidal wave of glitter and glitz is Thanksgiving. And while I've always been a "no decorating until after Thanksgiving" kinda girl, I can honestly say I'm considering getting a jump start on things this year. Why not, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for so many things and will enjoy my turkey and dressing on the 24th just like everyone else...but, I don't think I will enjoy it any less if my tree is already up and my halls already decked. Besides, it's usually at Thanksgiving that my family likes me to hand over my list of wants, and well...won't they be surprised when I'm ready to set them on their shopping way! So, with that said, stay tuned for my list of wants and "needs". And, don't be afraid to start compiling your own...I mean, there are only 46 days left until the big day! Now, where did I put my pen and paper?
image credit: ideas home concept

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...