Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday's things

Gimp
That's right...good ole gimp bracelets from bygone camp days! Hours I would work my little fingers to the bone looping and weaving until I had a bracelet, key chain, necklace, etc. I've often thought about the lost art of camp jewelry and how simple and refreshing it is...something lovingly made...woven by hand and with deliberate care and color coordination. Soooo, when I found these updated versions of my favorite summer bracelets at nOir Jewelry, I was super excited. They come in a variety of color combos as well as the option of single wrapped or double wrapped...each with a super smart brass toggle. I want them all!
image credit: nOir Jewelry

3 comments:

  1. could you post how to make these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I probably could, though it's been quite a while since I've actually made one. I'm sure there are a few tutorials online somewhere that would give better step by step (pictures included) info. Or, you could just splurge and buy one from nOir! Good luck and good gimping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you use at the end to hook the bracelets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...