Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday's things

I am completely obsessed with the HGTV show House Hunters...and House Hunters International...and have been for a while! I don't know what it is about the show but it always lures me in. It's always interesting to see what all is out there and what people are able to spend and what awful houses they are willing to shell money out for, especially on the International version. I know an idyllic countryside home in Ireland is good and all but the fact that it's close to a million U.S. dollars and is nothing short of squalor is truly dumbfounding. I love seeing what they've done with the place on the "1 month later" shot though. I've got the husband and my mom and sister hooked as well. We like to play this little game where we guess which one they'll pick and I'm happy to say that I usually win! Maybe deep in my heart I'd love to be a realtor because I love to look at houses and would do so endlessly but the husband gets tired of schlepping me around for no reason but to look aimlessly at what's "for sale". And one more thing...how do these people afford tropical resort like homes as a second home? I'm pretty sure the only second home I'll ever have is the block version the toddler builds me from time to time, and, well...that's just fine. I'll keep watching House Hunters and keep on dreaming!
image credit: hgtv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...