Friday, June 25, 2010

heirloom dresses and...tomatoes

With the first full day of summer ushered in this week I am feeling particularly drawn toward all things cool...well...er, not hot! After waiting and waiting and...waiting I finally purchased a dress I've had my eye on for months now. A white eyelet ankle skimming dress with an heirloom appeal that epitomizes summer...there's something so perfect about a crisp white summer dress! While in deep thought about all things heirloom, particularly french hand sewn dresses and how beautifully ornate yet simply classic they are I was struck by the similarity of two of my favorite summer time things...heirloom dresses and heirloom tomatoes. By definition an heirloom dress is, according to Merriam Webster...something of special value handed on from one generation to another. And heirloom tomatoes...a horticultural variety that has survived for several generations usually due to the efforts of private individuals. With that said, I've decided to slip into my breezy heirloom dress, savor an heirloom tomato sandwich, and give a nod to the classics...it is after all...a generational responsibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...