Friday, January 4, 2013

holiday hangover

I'm slowly but surely emerging from the holiday hangover that is...coming home after traveling nearly all month, to a home that appears to have been hit by a Cat 5 hurricane, decorations and tree still up, poinsettia slowly dying and a Christmas cactus that is for some odd reason blooming for the first time since I received it about 6 years or so ago!  I have no motivation to do anything.  I would have motivated to go to the BCS National Championship game but alas, no tickets, no dice.  So, here I sit...smiling halfway because I did muster the energy to vacuum the floors this morning but that's about it.  About to hit the showers as the rest of my day will be consumed by a 5 yr old birthday party.  It's Friday, I know...woohoo, should be excited but feels kinda like just another Monday.  Post holiday blues...that's what it is.  I'll let you know if I find a cure!  Until then, I'll slog through another day trying to rearrange the clutter to make me feel a little better. 
On a brighter note, I did get some great things for Christmas and enjoyed...beyond belief...spending time with family!  Also rediscovered the "haystack" holiday treat...butterscotch + chow mein noodles = phenomenal...thanks to a sweet sister that made me 2 batches!  (More on those later)

image credit: modmom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...