Wednesday, October 17, 2012

gossip girl

Good lawd!  I have just had a major realization and I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't put two and two lacquered door-classic-Hermes-esque things together.  But...turns out, that little post I wrote a while ago...C. Wonder, well turns out the man behind the name is the ex-husband of fashion mogul Tory Burch.  That's right, Chris Burch is a venture capitalist who helped Tory launch her brand and is still a shareholder in Tory Burch, LLC.  And now?...you guessed it...he's mad as hell!  How did I miss this scandal?  Well, maybe it's not really a hot topic right now but after Brian Williams' NBC interview this Thursday about her empire and how "there's a dark cloud" over it...I bet people will be talking.  And so, because...despite my stalker tendencies, I know neither of them...I can honestly say that I love both.  Albeit, C.Wonder is much more affordable and looks just as great and classic.  I can't wait to get all the gritty details about this but for now...let's compare.  Below are photos of each store.  Orange is Tory's...Green is Chris's...








































You draw your own conclusions but the resemblance is striking.  Now, I've got to find that brass pelican I spy on the top shelf of C. Wonder's store!  Seriously...I need it!

image credit: referenced in original posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...