Sunday, August 19, 2012

winding down

With summer winding down, I find myself clinging to the last days of freedom, days at the pool, weekends at the beach, and lazy days of relaxing.  What better way to bid summer farewell than with a few old movies that always make me think of those long fleeting summer days.  While I could go on and on, here are some of my favorite: Dirty Dancing...I mean, a family vacation in the mountains, love, scandal, swimming, and dancing...what could be better?  Next up, Bull Durham...such a great movie for so many reasons featuring the boys of summer and well...Kevin Costner!  And then there's Say Anything...it's the beginning of summer and Lloyd Dobbler does the impossible and spends a summer with the girl of his dreams...who wouldn't want to date a guy like Lloyd? And, last but not least, National Lampoon's Family Vacation...the "old family truckster", a dead family member, a crazy cousin, a cross country trek to an amusement park that's closed for repairs...summer fun at it's best!
Things have been crazy here the past couple weeks.  The toddler is now a preschooler, I've taken a job, and the preschooler started a new school.  With that said...we could all use a good movie day!  What are your favorite summertime movies? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...