Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Well, things they are a changing...last I recall I was going to take some time off to figure out what I was going to do...so to speak.  The toddler/preschooler was (still is) moving ever so quickly toward being in "big school" and that was going to leave me with some extra time on my hands...despite still working from home.  I was starting to feel the pangs of sadness that come with putting your little one in the hands of other people who are mandated by the state to educate them, shape them, mold them, into the little geniuses they will surely become.  What would I do, follow my dreams of having a general store type hangout with cool clothes, banging bands, and loungy sofas perfect for reminding people of a simpler time all the while making a little money and having fun while doing so?  Or, how about turning 40 and preparing to welcome a newborn in February?  What?  Surely that'll be just as fun...though not as lucrative or free spirited.  Yep, you guessed it.  Just as I was meeting friends for super incredible house made vanilla lattes and bacon caramel popcorn...something happened and everything kind of went silent.  How could this have happened was the resounding question I had.  Over and over I'd wonder why at 40 this was so much easier than the 5 or so years we tried to get pregnant the first time.  Sparing you the details, it happened, I've adjusted (most days), and we are thrilled about our new little man that will arrive in February.  I was pretty sick at first and now am just battling general tiredness and crazy hunger.  So, that's about it on this end...which is a lot!  I'm not going to bore you with the details going forward or turn this into a "hey-everyone-look-at-my-belly-kind-of-blog.  I will try to update more often than I have in the past few months.  Needless to say, I've had my hands quite full.  In other news, the preschooler turned 5!  I can hardly believe she's so big. 
Stay tuned...hopefully I still have some readers after my hiatus! 

2 comments:

  1. Loving your pictures and the genuine and poignant way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...