Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday's things

GO BABY GO!  This weekend is one of my all time favorite events...The Kentucky Derby! While the husband and I won't be able to go this year, we will be there in spirit.  While perusing our local swanky men's store this week I came across a gem of an item.  Of course I'm a huge fan of needlepoint and that being said...a huge fan of Smathers & Branson.  Nestled among the needled crab, sailboat, and trout...a hunter green hat with a little mint julep gleamed back at me!  I debated on getting it for the husband but he's super picky about the fit of hats...so, I thought maybe I'd get it for myself.  But, I have the tiniest head ever and usually have to wear youth size hats. Alas, I left it at the store but not before encouraging the sales guy that they should do a Derby window display with that hat and a seersucker suit.  He was excited at my suggestion and so now even as I'm typing this thinking I may go back and take a chance on the husband's picky-ness...I bet someone else is already sporting this number and, well...that's a little needling to say the least!  Check out Smathers & Branson for all your needlepoint needs. 

image credit: Smathers & Branson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...